Our Rebel Book Club Hall of Fame puts the spotlight on our global community of curious minds, to showcase their unique personalities, wild breadth of talents and passions, whilst digging into their connection with nonfiction.
Introducing Roshini Johri
Roshini Johri has been a member of RBC since joining in March 2016 and has read a total of 55 books since (at time of writing).
Reading nonfiction has inspired her to travel, adapt her daily routines, and has influenced her choices in education.
She is motivated to cause an impact in the world through her knowledge in AI and climate change and wants to share her expertise with the RBC community.
Roshini’s Nonfiction Recommendations
Roshini’s top 3 recommendations for someone new to nonfiction are:
Time to get up close and personal…
1. How did you end up here at RBC?
Beyond Sahara festival
2. What makes you pick up a book?
3. Tell us about something you’ve done as a result of a nonfiction book?
Backpacked in Iran, changed my sleep and diet, started a second masters this time in climate change.
4. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
Oat flat white.
5. How do you take your tea?
I don’t. Oat flat white is life.
6. Does reading come naturally to you?
Since I was a kid!
7. Tell us about your business/passion project and how can we support it?
I don’t know yet but I want to combine my knowledge in AI and climate change to start something that will have a positive impact in the world. This community is a great place to start to do that.
8. Favourite RBC book so far and why?
City of Lies! It inspired me to go travel to Iran and was just a beautifully written book that gave some insight into Tehran. Iran is a beautiful and special place with the most kind hearted people I’ve ever met. The book sparked my curiosity and desire and I don’t think I would have made the journey without reading it.
9. Favourite RBC meet-up so far and why?
I enjoyed this is marketing as I got to speak to Seth Godin who is a legend!
10. Why should someone join RBC?
To broaden your thinking and to be able to learn diverse perspectives from a wonderful bunch of people and books
How can I be a Rebel Reader?
- Head to our membership page and check out which membership is right for you (we offer one-off or subscription options, with or without book vouchers).
- Hit the ‘Join’ button and we’ll take you through a few simple questions and then sign you up.
- As soon as you’re a member, you’ll be welcomed by our community, offered links to join our various social networks based on location or special interests, invited to vote on which book comes next, and invited to all of our community socials + events, featuring experts + authors!