Our Rebel Book Club Hall of Fame puts the spotlight on our global community of curious minds, to showcase their unique personalities, wild breadth of talents and passions, whilst digging into their connection with nonfiction.
Introducing Aatif Khan
Aatif Khan has been a member of RBC since joining in January 2022 and has read one book with us so far.
Reading nonfiction books has motivated his passion for traveling around different parts of the UK and abroad.
Aatif’s Nonfiction Recommendations
Aatif’s top 3 recommendations for someone new to nonfiction are:
Time to get up close and personal…
1. How did you end up here at RBC?
I moved to London in 2021 and I was looking to socialise and meet new people with common interests in this city!
2. What makes you pick up a book?
A great book cover catches my eye immediately followed by an interesting topic in history.
3. Tell us about something you’ve done as a result of a nonfiction book?
I’ve followed my passion to travel more. Whether it’s locally in England or going overseas.
4. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
5. How do you take your tea?
Boiled water, soya milk, 1 tea bag and sugar.
6. Does reading come naturally to you?
Yes, I’ve always had a natural inclination to pick up a book, start reading and get lost in a book.
7. Favourite RBC book so far and why?
Black Spartacus: The Epic Life of Toussaint Louverture by Sudhir Hazareesingh. It’s not a book I would have picked up myself, off the shelves of a bookstore, but I’m glad I read it, as it has opened me up to a part of the world, I didn’t have much knowledge about previously.
8. Favourite RBC meet-up so far and why?
January 2022-It was a great start to the year to complete one of my New Years’ Resolutions, which is to read more books this year and meet more people in London!
9. Why should someone join RBC?
It is a great opportunity to socialise with other people who are passionate about reading. I feel it’s a great way to discover new authors and books, to push yourself further and out of your comfort zone.
How can I become a Rebel Reader?
- Head to our membership page and check out which membership is right for you (we offer one-off or subscription options, all-in or flexible).
- Hit the ‘Join’ button and we’ll take you through a few simple questions and sign you up.
- As soon as you’re a member, you’ll be welcomed by our community, offered links to join our various social networks based on location or special interests, invited to vote on which book comes next, and invited to all of our community socials + events, featuring experts + authors!